
She's also really big on the evils of refined sugar and all the sketchy things found in processed food (she and Jamie Oliver should hang out). She's also very pro-organic and not big on dairy except for eggs and some low-fat cheeses. It's all about "clean" eating.
I'm not trying to give her plan away, but the basics are:
Eating (eat all of the following in a day spread across 5 meals)
Four, 4 oz servings of lean protein
Three, 1 cup servings of vegetables
Two, whole fruits OR two, 1 cup servings of fruit
Two, 1 cup servings of whole grains
One, serving of fat (1/4 cup nuts, 1/4 avocado, 2 Tbsp oil etc)
Exercise
Cardio - 20 minutes of intervals (which are insane by the way), 5 days a week
Power Circuit Strength Training - 30 min, 3 days a week
Treat Meals
Two meals per weekend can be "treat meals" meaning eat whatever you want so long as those meals do not exceed 1500 calories each. I think that's pretty flippin' doable.
Supplements (Optional, but recommended for optimum loss of body fat)
Multivitamin
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil, flaxseed, walnuts etc)
Vitamin C - Ester-C 500 mg
Amino Acids (liquid, powder or pill form...can be mixed in smoothies or taken alone)
Creatine - Ethyl Ester HCL (not regular)
CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) - 1-3mg with breakfast, lunch and dinner
Whey Protein (Isolate) - in smoothie form
Whew...that's a lot of information right there, but the book is full of eye-opening facts about why we are the way we are, what's really in our food, how to get the best mindset as well as a ton of photos of the exercises and plenty of sample food menus and recipes.
The point of all this...I'm going to try this starting on Monday. I've got to do some grocery shopping to prepare, but I think it's worth trying. Certainly can't hurt, right?
Oh and if you know her from her old Bravo show Workout, know that she has another show coming later this year called Thintervention. I can't wait!
It seems pretty basic. I think clean eating is smart anyway. I already do interval training after awhile you get use to it. Good luck with this and keep us posted
ReplyDeletethanks for the info
Jen
@flowermom3
Hi, stopping in for the first time. Thanks for the book review. I think I'm on track with most of what you mentioned here although I tend to do longer sessions of cardio, but not 5 days per week. I'd love to look at this book sometime. It's great to know that women over 40 can still look that great.
ReplyDeleteWOW! This is great information. Thanks for sharing. This book looks great. I might have to pick it up myself.
ReplyDelete