So...been a long time. After my wedding in 2007 I slowly, but steadily gained weight...before I got pregnant in Aug 2011, I was 40 lbs over my wedding weight and now, 12 months after my son was born, I am sitting at 20 lbs heavier than that.
Time for a change...a real change.
I started Medifast on Wednesday...so far I've not been hungry. I've not been tempted once to cheat..I think mostly because I am paying a lot of money to do this plan and I'd only be hurting my wallet and my waistline.
I was really concerned about the food...that it would be horrible...because, I mean most of it is what I call "astronaut food"...powdered things that need to be reconstituted with water. But I've been pleasantly surprised! I had the chocolate pudding as a shake based off some tips I read online and omg was it tasty and filling.
Now, I'm not gonna lie...you do NOT get that full and satisfied feeling after each of the 6 meals, but you also are not hungry. I've been really good about taking my time with each meal...not woofing it down like I normally would.
Water has ALWAYS been a challenge and will continue to be. I am doing well with it so far. Was originally aiming for the 64 oz goal, but now I'm pushing myself to get the real recommended "half your body weight in ounces" which is higher than I'd prefer, but it is what it is haha.
Today is Day 3 and I woke up with a TERRIBLE headache over my right eye. I went online and it seems this is very common and a good sign that your body is entering ketosis or the fat-burning phase. I guess I can deal with a headache if it means shedding some of this weight.
So here I am...I'm feeling very determined, motivated and excited as I progress. I actually can't wait for my first weigh-in on Wednesday! I'm taking measurements, too, because I know that some weeks I may not lose pounds, but my body still might have changed. It helps to prevent discouragement y'know?
My mentality is to treat every single day as Day 1...giving it my all and staying 100% on plan. I got this.
No comments:
Post a Comment