Today is my Friday woot!One of my very best friends is in town from Phoenix and instead of having her stay all cramped up in our teeny suburban house, I'm whisking her away to my parents' at the beach after work. Lucky for me she loves my parents so it'll still be a vacation for her. Poor Ryan will just have to manage without me ;)
Sarah has struggled with her weight, much like me, but has found success in doing South Beach. She has lost 30 lbs and has KEPT it off over a year. I did "try" it once for about 3 weeks and lost 9 lbs, but I got lazy as it does take quite a bit of planning, which I wasn't good about at the time.
So the good news is, even though we'll be having plenty of wine and a good time, she actually said she'd be willing to cook and show me and my mom (who also struggles with weight and is Type II Diabetic) how to do some South Beach recipes. I'm hoping I don't get TOO off track. I am also taking my Jillian Michaels DVD with me for the early mornings and even if I don't get that in I can always ride the bike down the beach.
I'm hoping we can get in some good quality time and maybe watch some super-girly movie...something Ryan would NEVER agree to seeing haha. My poor dad will probably stay away from us the whole time. I'm sure we'll be quite annoying ;)
Any of you ever try South Beach?
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Enjoy yourself, girl :)
ReplyDeleteI have never tried South Beach, thought about it, but never gave it an actual try. If you learn any great recipes this weekend, be sure to share with us :)
Hope you and your friend have an amazing weekend
ReplyDeleteI did South Beach for a bit- don't remember how many weeks, and had some success. But, with the restrictions and the "can't haves" I just didn't like it. I do Weight Watchers and LOVE it! I've been on for over a year now and have lost 40 pounds so far. It's a great plan and LIVESTYLE, not just a DIET. You can eat anything you want with no "can't haves" at all. And there are no special foods either. If you have questions, please let me know.
ReplyDelete