Ok so...first things first...last week...I lied to you...I lied to me. This is sad.
After the first awesome week on Weight Watchers, well...the second week was NOT awesome. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted all that week and lied to you guys when I said I got on the scale and it hadn't moved.
The truth is...I didn't even get on the scale because I was too afraid of the damage I KNEW I had done.
However, I have been 100% good this week...I faced the scale and it hasn't changed since two weeks ago. So I really must have done some damage that week I was balls out eating.
I did take all of my measurements this morning and will take them again one month from now. I do know I have lost 3 inches in my waist since I started this journey. That's something.
So this is the start of the new week. I will admit that I was angry with myself and got a pumpkin spice latte on the way in, but all of my healthy food is here for the rest of the day. I WILL stay on track!!!
16 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hang in there, the 2nd week on any plan is usually tough. You're still in the game, especially with that new contraption you bought. :-) You definitely have the motivation, send some my way please!
ReplyDeleteTina2967
Thanks Tina!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's alright. Today's another day. :-) 3 inches in your waist is awesome Mandy! I need to start measuring myself again and keeping track of my body fat. The other day my daughter and I had to do a weigh in for her weight mgmt program she's in with Duke. She grew a 1/2 inch in 2 months and gained a little BUT she's thinned out so they say she's maintained (she WAS gaining consistently). Me on the other...well...apparently I've gained 4 pounds BUT I too have trimmed down. Hmmm...Hate the scale! That's why I need to get back to measuring. Thanks for the reminder and keep it up!
ReplyDeleteEach day brings os many opportunities to make better choices as I am a firm beleiver there are no BAD choices only better ones. You are doing great, take things one step at a time. :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there lady! This is a war with many many battles, and along the way you may lose a battle or two, but you WILL win the war. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWe all do the "this week I was bad, I'll start good next week" thing, but we need to remember that EACH MEAL is an opportunity to start over. EVERY MEAL. ;-)
HUGS
Don't feel bad! At least you're trying! I lie to myself constantly when I read about exercising, and then I don't ever feel like doing it.
ReplyDeleteIt is important to recognize our own faults. Doing so will make us stronger, better.
ReplyDeleteYou've faced the facts and now you will succeed. Keep pressing on and we will be here to support you, during ups & downs.
Big hugs for admitting that you lied to yourself - 'cause that is where we ALL fail, Mandy - you're not alone there, friend! We say "oh this donut won't be bad for me" and we know we're lying. So good for you for accepting it and putting it behind you and moving the heck on! ;) You can do this! I can do this! We'll support each other and be honest when we screw up 'cause - guess what - we're human! ;)
ReplyDeleteDon't beat yourself up. It's all good, I have been boycotting my scale for 2 weeks. Your tweeps are here for ya! I'm doing my "You Rock" dance right now!
ReplyDeleteHey Mandy! It's ok - you are still holding yourself accountable. We all have our bad days, weeks, even months! Thanks for being honest w/ us :)
ReplyDeleteDo you take measurements too? I can't remember. I like them more than the scale sometimes. :)
Wow, huge respect for admitting to yourself and us that you lied!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't beat yourself up about your slip up last week - we are all human and can't be 100% perfect all the time. Point is that you *know* what went wrong and that you were honest about it to yourself. Now you can move on and do better!
And you will do better - I know that you can do it!!! We are here for you and cheer you on - you are not alone in this!
Wow...you guys have got me all emotional hahaha. Your words of support mean more than anything at times like these. I won't let you (or myself) down!
ReplyDeleteHey cute girl- I just wanted to say that I'm proud of you for getting back up, dusting yourself off, and going at it again. The hardest part for me is that part- sometimes I think- I'm already fat so why bother trying again? But we HAVE to- if we ever want to win this war. So good job! You're on your way and that's what counts!
ReplyDeleteHey girl!! Don't worry about not facing the scale. But remember you never have to fib to us. we are here to support you no matter what!! Good job facing the scale. I hate it too, but it's one way to face reality of the damage we can do..I too have seen an up going scale lately!! xoxo Love ya Mandy!!
ReplyDeleteYou can absolutely do this! The second week is hard because it doesn't have the same adrenaline as starting the diet the first week. You just have to find the right snacks and foods to be eating so you're not so aware that you're on "a diet" - that's the part that's the worst!
ReplyDeleteI've been really bad lately myself. I lost about 15 lbs last winter, and have been pretty good about keeping it all off for the last year, but lately I can feel myself slipping into bad habits... it's time for me to get into gear myself!
We all struggle, so hang in there!