04 September 2009

Kettlenetics! - Changing up the routine

Ok so y'know I love and have been doing the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD for almost 2 months now. I still can't get to Level 3, but anyway...

I figured it was time to change things up so I ordered the Kettlenetics Slim & Tone Body System from QVC.



I got it on Monday evening and Tuesday I went through the KB Elements DVD to familiarize myself with the basic movements. The next morning I was already sore just from LEARNING haha. Wednesday morning I tried the Flowmotion Basics DVD and while I couldn't go at the same pace as Michelle, I was still able to perform all the moves and LOVED doing it. Those 20 minutes FLEW by.

But guess what...Thursday morning and even through to today I am so so sore...like hurts to sit on the toilet sore haha. My hamstrings, shoulders, glutes and quads act like I've never used them before so obviously I am using them in totally new ways. This is good! I think it's smart to change things up so I plan to continue working my way through the rest of the DVDs and will rotate them in with the 30 Day Shred DVD and maybe I'll REALLY start to see some changes.

FYI, the deal through QVC is on 2 payments now through Monday so might be a good time to try it out for yourself. I'm loving it so far :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the soreness! I changed up my routine recently and the extreme soreness in unexpected areas is not making me happy.

    All in all your new exerciese routine sounds pretty good. I think it is great to alter your routine every now and then. It shocks your muscels (causing the unexpected soreness) and works you out in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Ernise! And yeah I just can't believe my muscles are this mad at me haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to comment here and say congrats on getting your cholesterol down! But I also wanted to let you know, that the delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) that severe is not healthy. What happens is that there are a bunch of microtears in your muscles, and that is not good. A part of the curriculum for the athletic training program is learning to work out and be healthy without a lot of next day or 2 or 3 days after pain. Being healthy is great, but there doesn't have to be pain to get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm good to know, I might just have to keep that in mind as I mix up my routines...Thanks for the input let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenny...oh that's very good to know. I guess it's a good thing I haven't worked out since Wednesday then. I think I should be ok to try again tomorrow. The funny thing is it didn't feel like I was straining at all during the workout. I'll be more cautious next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! You have just received an award! Drop by my blog to collect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm I may have to look into this! Is it just the DVD? or is there more to it??

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Melissa...if you click on the qvc link you can see it...it is like 4 dvds and a 4-lb kettlebell...which doesn't sound like much but it works you out!

    ReplyDelete