So, I haven't made this in a while, but it was my go-to breakfast for a long time. I think I might have to resurrect it!
It is delicious, surprisingly filling and perfect for breakfast. It's full of calcium, protein, good fats, omega-3s, antioxidants and fiber:
1/2 c plain, nonfat greek yogurt (I use Chobani or Fage 0%)
1/2 c skim milk
1/2 c frozen blueberries
2 tbsp ground flax seed*
1 tbsp natural almond butter
dash almond extract
1 packet Truvia (or similar non-calorie, non-artificial sweetener)
And what's so nice is that it's really versatile...you can just use it as a starting point and tweak it however you like. You could use soy milk vs regular, mixed berries vs blueberries...peanut butter vs almond...add in 1/2 banana and on and on and on.
Oh and I got this great personal mixer since making a smoothie for one in our regular blender was too much cleanup for my mornings:
Nutritional info (as made above):
Calories 293, Total Fat 12.5g, Sat Fat 0.5g, Sodium 112.5, Carbs 26, Fiber 9g, Sugar 16g, Protein 23g
*if you buy ground flax seed be sure to store in your refrigerator after opening
23 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This looks really yummy Mandy! I will try it soon. I might add some spinach or other greens too. Hope you are having a good week!
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy!! I am printing it out so I can give it a try! I love smoothis.
ReplyDelete